Valid ID’s are required and will be checked for all alcohol purchases regardless of age.
As of the 2020 season, ALL bags outside of the parameters below, will not be allowed inside the venue:
- One bag that is clear plastic or vinyl and does not exceed 12”x6”x12”
- OR One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar) AND a small clutch purse, no larger than 4.5”x 6.5”
- All clear bags and clutch purses will be screened prior to entry into the venue.
- Patrons who need medical supplies or devices and members of the working media are not subject to the new bag policy, but will need to go through the bag check line at the entry gate for a thorough screening of the bag and the medical items.
- The person requiring these supplies or devices must accompany the bag at all times. Media and medical exception bags will be tagged once cleared through security.
- Small non-professional personal cameras are allowed in the venue. Flash photography, videography and removable lens cameras ARE NOT PERMITTED WITHOUT VENUE APPROVAL. This policy is subject to change based on the artist or event. Some artists do not permit photography or recording, so please check on the show you are attending to make sure cameras are allowed. Cameras must fit in pocket or small clutch bag.
- Performances will be presented rain or shine, but in the case of severe storms it is possible that the concert will be delayed. Any delay or postponement will be made by the artist and venue management and all announcements regarding weather delay will be made on location and via AT&T Performing Arts Center social media platforms. Only in a rare event will a concert be cancelled.
- Prior to the concert, check the AT&T Performing Arts Center Facebook page or Twitter page for any updates. During the concert, any weather-related messages would be conveyed onsite via loudspeakers and online via social media.
- Due to the lack of structural shelters at Annette Strauss Square, if and when it has been determined the venue must be evacuated, patrons must exit the grounds and seek safe shelter until notified by the AT&T Performing Arts Center staff or AT&T Performing Arts Center social media.
- Seating on the lawn is always first come, first serve.
- Blankets are allowed on the lawn for seating. Space on the lawn may be limited, so we ask that all blankets be folded directly under your occupied area only. Please be courteous of other patrons near you and do not take up more space than is needed. Space on lawn will be limited on certain events.
Chairs that meet the following criteria are permitted on the lawn area:
- Structure does not matter
- Chair leg height not to exceed 4”
- Lounge or chaise style chairs not permitted
Lost And Found
Patrons are encouraged to speak to a Patron Services Representative during events to inquire about any lost items. Any items not retrieved will be held for 45 days after event and any unclaimed items will be donated or discarded. To inquire about lost items, you may also call AT&T Performing Arts Center Public Safety at 214-978-3620 or visit https://www.attpac.org/your-visit/accessibility/lost-and-found/.
Outside Food Or Beverage
No food or beverages from sources outside of Annette Strauss Square are allowed inside of the venue. However, certain items purchased at the Center Café may be permitted.
The following list identifies some prohibited items; however, AT&T Performing Arts Center staff has the right to refuse any personal property that is a potential hazard to others and any other item deemed inappropriate or dangerous (see Bag Policy above for more details):
- Aerosol cans
- Camelback style hydration packs/water reservoirs
- Glass or metal containers
- Glow sticks
- Go-Pro Cameras
- Hula Hoops
- Illegal drugs (of any kind)
- Inflatables (beach balls, balloons, chairs, sofas, etc.)
- Laser pens or pointers
- Musical instruments
- Noise-making devices
- Outside food and beverage
- Picnic baskets
- Selfie Sticks
- Signs and/or posters
- Skateboards, scooters or any wheeled devices other than ADA compliant modes
- Strollers or car seats
- Weapons, including toys or cosplay items made to resemble weapons
- Re-entry is generally prohibited at the Annette Strauss Square. Please ensure that everything you will need for the event is brought with you. Guests who have a medical or other emergency and need to re-enter should contact a Patron Services representative for assistance.
Security And Screening
For the safety of guests, patrons and their possessions are subject to search as a condition of admittance.
Upon entering the venue, all patrons will be subject to the same security screening process which includes walk-through metal detectors and, in some cases, hand wands. In addition, all bags, purses, blankets, and personal items are subject for inspection. Please prepare accordingly; remove hats, jackets, and sunglasses and empty pockets of cell phones, keys, wallets, and any other items prior to entering the metal detectors.
Ticketholders should be aware that there are no provisions for returning banned items left at the venue entrances. We encourage you to leave all banned items at home or in your vehicle before entering the venue. AT&T Performing Arts Center reserves the right to refuse admission to any person not in compliance with all policies or the explicit direction of venue staff. If you have a medical reason for not wanting to be searched via metal detectors, please notify Public Safety staff upon arrival at the gate and they will provide an alternative.
The AT&T Performing Arts Center and Annette Strauss Square are no smoking facilities. Smoking, e-cigarettes, or other combustible organic materials use are not allowed anywhere in the facility. Violation of the policy may result in removal from the facility.
No one admitted under the age of 13 without a parent or guardian.
The carrying of weapons and/or firearms is prohibited at Annette Strauss Square, under Texas Penal Code 30.06 and 30.07 even if you have a license. Weapons of any kind, including, but not limited to; guns, knives, explosives, brass knuckles, Tasers, mace or pepper spray; are not permitted.
Named Dallas’ best outdoor venue by the Dallas Observer
The AT&T Performing Arts Center’s outdoor performance venue is named for a late former mayor of Dallas, Annette Strauss. Located adjacent to Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park, Annette Strauss Square provides a serene setting for outdoor performances, festivals and events.
The primary features of the venue include the large lawn, Shannon and Ted Skokos Pavilion, the Porch at Strauss Square and Performance Plaza. The exterior of the Skokos Pavilion is clad in diamond-shaped panels arranged in a random mixture of silver anodized aluminum and brushed zinc finishes. This mixture of finishes heightens the play of light reflecting on the building. The front of the stage house incorporates roller shutter doors, which retract to allow large speaker arrays to project during performances, then return to their protected enclosure when not in use. Concrete walls border the lawn to ensure patrons are not distracted by nearby traffic, and to provide a barrier for ticketed events.
The space, designed by Foster + Partners, is open to the public when not being utilized for private events. The venue can accommodate more than 2,000 visitors.
Please contact the Box Office for a specific seating plan for the show you are attending. Standard seating arrangements are shown in the Seating Charts tab.