Creative Conversation is an annual panel first launched in 2013. Each year, Creative Conversation brings together a diverse panel for a dialogue on relevant matters in Dallas’ arts and culture scene. This year’s Creative Conversation will share insights from the 2020 social issues that impacted all across the nation. There is no doubt social justice movements, the pandemic, and the economic downturn have had a disparate impact on communities of color. The arts are a powerful means of healing and a resource, at an individual and community level. Improving quality of life means transforming the way in which we build a flourishing culture. Proactive alternatives need to be considered through partnerships that offer creative solutions. This means partnering with groups that build projects or practices of work (design, real estate, academic) that marry arts and cultural activities. The panel will discuss what creative, proactive solutions look like for community building, healing, justice, and an overall better quality of life.
- Catherine Cuellar, Director of Communications, Outreach and Marketing for the City of Dallas
- Sydnee Freeman, Director of Real Estate Development, Designing Justice + Designing Spaces
- John Creuzot, Dallas County Criminal District Attorney
- Dr. Christine Drennon, Professor of Sociology and Anthropology at Trinity University
- Byron Sanders, CEO of Big Thought
- Carine Rice, Program Director for Junior Players