The 5th annual Art Walk West, presented by the West Dallas Chamber of Commerce, will take place on Saturday, October 19!
Explore the West Dallas creative movement with a self-guided tour. From live art mural paintings, to a variety of studios and galleries who will open their doors, to performances and activities by the AT&T Performing Arts Center— it will be a celebration of local art that you won’t want to miss!
DATE: Saturday, October 19 from 11am to 5pm
LOCATION: A variety of stops in West Dallas! Maps will be posted soon with the stops and locations of the day.
ADMISSION: Free and open to the public
STARTING POINT: Pick up a program & map at the Trinity Groves breezeway (3011 Gulden Ln).
EVENTS OF THE DAY INCLUDE:
• Over 10 murals in progress being painted on walls around West Dallas. Muralists include: Adrian Landon Brooks (Austin, TX); Agustin Chavez (Dallas, TX); Brennen Bechtol (Dallas, TX); Drigo (Dallas, TX) & students from the Sidney Lanier Expressive Arts Vanguard; Eric Karbeling (Miami, FL); Jenny Lane (Austin, TX); Jill Stanton (Edmonton, Canada); Mariel Pohlman (Dallas, TX); Mario Sanchez (Dallas, TX); Mariell Guzman (Fort Worth, TX); Mike Townsend (Dallas, TX); Nicky Davis (Houston, TX); Sour Grapes (Dallas, TX); Stephanie Sanz (Dallas, TX); Tex Moton (Dallas, TX)
• Over 20 art studios and galleries
• Sweet Pass Sculpture Park presents BUSH LEAGUE, by San Antonio based collective BUX TOOF. Using the 150th anniversary of professional baseball as a point of entry, BUSH LEAGUE at once celebrates and interrogates the history, cultural impact, and aesthetics of the sport by transforming Sweet Pass into an impromptu Baseball diamond presenting a host of baseball-related contemporary art programming.
• ex ovo on Fabrication St, Next Exit: An interactive installation of lens-based work by local artists Trey Burns, Harris Chowdhary, Finn Jubak, and Jonathan Molina-Garcia, that takes the city of Dallas as its subject and object.
• AT&T Performing Arts Center presents a variety of free, family-friendly community performances, dance classes and art-making activities. Highlights include The New Orleans Original BuckShop, a community dance class for all ages inspired by local choreographer Michelle Gibson’s “New Orleans Second Line Aesthetic” and accompanied live by the Big Easy Brass Band. Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico will also offer a series of family dance classes accompanied by Mariachi Rosas Divinas.
• Little D pop-up market at Trinity Groves (your starting point for the day!)
• La Bajada POP Garden
• Boozy Brunch Crawl at Trinity Groves (For brunch tickets, click here.)
• and much more!
Check back soon for a map and schedule of the day!
For more information, contact email@example.com